I can’t wait for Comic-Con and you probably can’t either. You got your 4 day pass and you even managed to score a good hotel room. With over a month to go you might be thinking you have plenty of time to get ready right? Wrong.
Comic-Con has a way of sneaking up on you and before you know it will be here and you won’t have time to do the things you need to do to be ready. What kind of things you ask? How about things like…
- Branding products. You need promotional pens, stickers or key chains to give out? Better order them now before it’s too late. How about business cards? Better get them while you can. The last thing you want is to be scrambling around at the last minute hoping that shipment arrives before Comic-Con does. Which leads us to…
- Cosplay – Got a great costume you want to rock at the Con? Now is the time to be ironing out the details. Put it together, order those props and try it on to see what adjustments need to be made. My personal goal is to have it all ready to go by the end of June. If you wait until July it will probably be to late.
- Finances – If you haven’t been saving up for Comic-Con yet you really should be. It goes back to Murphy ’s Law that if something can go wrong it will and at the worst time. If you wait until July to use that last paycheck for Comic-Con you might be in for a disappointment. Why? Well something will almost always go wrong and you might need the funds to cover for it. A car breaks down, or you need to go to the doctor or who knows what else might happen between now and Comic-Con. So put some away if you haven’t already.
- Diet and exercise – Want to lose the extra five or ten pounds so you look good for everyone else (or even just fitting comfortably into your cosplay)? Better get on it quick. I know I started a month or two ago.
- Line Practice – Part of Comic-Con is the crazy amount of lines you have to wait in. I recommend going to the DMV. It is a great place to practice standing around and waiting in line and the bathrooms are pretty close to the same condition as Comic-Cons.
Okay so maybe that last one was a joke (sort of) but these really are some things you should be thinking about in advance so you can maximize your fun at the great Con. I am already super excited about it and hope to see you there!